Friday, February 3, 2012
Remodeling the Dollhouse!
For about 2 years now, my dollhouse has been sitting in the closet of my shared room, so as not to take up too much space. It was, after all, just over 5 ft in height, and each room was a little over 12" in width and depth. Even being in the closet, though, it took up a lot of space - and it's bulk made it hard for me to get it out of the closet to take photos! What with college studies and all, I needed to find a way to make it easier to work with, while freeing up some storage space at the same time. So I decided to take it apart and remake it a little. It no longer stands the way it used to, but worry not, it hasn't been destroyed! I've just folded things down a little. Now, flat boxes/panels FTW! :D Now it can sit conveniently on my closet's top shelf, leaving some actual walk in space.
Since I've taken it apart, I decided to take some pics of one of the rooms before I demolished it. The curtain in that room actually can be pulled down (though it takes a little adjustment and effort). Pic #1 is the location for a light switch I attempted a few years ago. It did indeed work, but had some quirks, as I made it from bits of stuff around the house...more on that later...
Keep watching :)